How can we help?
About Starboard Medical’s Tympanic Temperature Sensor
The tympanic probe is designed to seal the ear canal and safely allow the ear canal to equilibrate to tympanic membrane temperature. Studies have shown that tympanic membrane temperature closely approximates core body temperature and is a less invasive way to monitor temperature. To reduce the risk of perforation of the tympanic membrane the probe features dual foam protection. The tip of the temperature sensor is encapsulated in the soft foam cushion while the second, the barrier foam, collapses to allow easy insertion and expands to seal the ear canal off from ambient air. This provides for an accurate temperature reading without physically touching the tympanic membrane.
- Dual foam protection with soft memory cell foam
- PVC applicator and strain relief makes insertion easy while protecting the lead wire from kinks
- Thinner lead wire is more pliable and provides greater accuracy
- Available in pediatric and adult configurations
- Responds rapidly to tympanic membrane temperature changes
- Long lead wire allows for the connection to the cable to be off the patient
- Individually pouched sterile single-use probe
- Insert molded moisture resistant “Molex” Style connector
- Temperature accuracy: +/- 0.1°C @ 37°C, +/- 0.2°C @ 25°C to 45°C
- 30 inch, 36 gauge lead wire