Seven Reasons to Switch
- All-in-one: bordered bio-occlusive dressing and catheter securement. Less bulk, less fuss.
- U-shaped window: provides a clear view of the insertion site and surrounding skin.
- Securement cover: helps to prevent inadvertent catheter motion and dislodgement by nestling around the perimeter and back of the Luer lock. Easily repositionable if access to the Luer is required.
- Foam base pad: cushions the load on the skin at the catheter hub/Luer lock junction and aids in keeping the catheter at the optimal angle of insertion.
- Solvent-free adhesive: skin-friendly adhesive. Comfortable, stable, and easy to remove.
- Luer lock window: allows for visualization of the catheter hub/Luer lock junction. Avoids downward pressure on top of the junction.
- Soft, Low profile design: no hard plastic parts to catch on things, bruise skin, or cause discomfort.
- Specifically engineered to properly secure the catheter and dress the insertion site
- Built-in bio-occlusive dressing protects and stabilizes
- INS recommends “avoiding tape” and using “an engineered stabilization device (ESD) to stabilize and secure” catheters (source)
- Easy to use, all-in-one device
- Replaces tape, gauze, and transparent dressings
- Securement cover provides access to the catheter hub connection, if needed
- Helps to reduce the risk of catheter-related complications and unnecessary restarts
Most peripheral catheter securement devices do not cushion the catheter hub/Luer lock junction, increasing risk of pressure injury
The Clik-FIX peripheral device cushions the catheter hub/Luer lock junction to reduce the risk of pressure injury
The foam base pad of the Clik-FIX peripheral device not only cushions the catheter hub, but also helps maintain the optimal angle of insertion